The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest on eBay
Apparently a standard Two Seat Tourer (not allowed to call them "Opals" any more?) but with a Big 7 engine. 

Did they rebuild it with a Big 7 chassis? Looks well executed....

AUSTIN 7 SEVEN 1937 VERY RARE | eBay
Well, it’s certainly rare!
Hi 

As Parazine says, it looks well done.  I think it may be just an engine transplant rather than full chassis swap. The wheels are Seven rather than Big Seven and I’m sure they would have used the later wheels if the chassis had been changed.

Is the number UD8785? If so it isn’t on the chassis register although DVLA have it as a grey A7 that is untaxed.

Cheers

Howard
Vendor says "owned her about 6 months" "loved driving her home" BUT the car has been untaxed since 30th April 2023. Last V5C issued in September 2019 so presumably not in his name.
With the Big Seven carb tuning tips from DunfordSpeed, this might make a splendid hillclimb car. Then again…. If the vendor can get half of that price I will whizz a van load of cylinder heads across to Kings Lynn for them to sell on commission.
The price is a bit high, the hood is ripped, and with no photos of the interior it is not likely to sell. Interesting though.
Given that it is possible to purchase a decent Opal (I am going to always use that name!) for between about £6k - £8k, that's a hefty premium being asked for a slightly bigger engine.
The vendor seems unaware of the engine. He is however selling a BMW designed badge engineered “Mini” because his wife wants a caravan. Early dog walking and late breakfast allows looking at the screen this time of day, which must stop immediately!
On the screen, one can spot the bottom corner of a card with the estimated Auction price - £5000 to £7000. One exciting and possibly unique feature - an upside-down coil.
When i first saw this, and Tony's comment about the Auction card, i thought it was this car:

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1762193