The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I’m amazed how some eBay parts sell for silly money, when you can often buy new or second hand from our cherished suppliers. I hope this doesn’t lead to more restorable cars being broken up for specials and parts selling.
Boxes of bits at giveaway prices, downdraft Webers fetch a few bob and a mazak updraft Zenith on the manifold made £42.
Hi Howard, hope to see you down at the Beaulieu jumble, Pat and I will be there Saturday and Sunday. S&P
1st Sunday in the month is our local old car . Despite a few drops of rain there was a good turn out.

More here                

The last photo shows two Peugeot 403 saloons like the pick-up on page 1.
Yesterday, took the chummy on the VSCC Cheshire Tour. 100 miles round trip with bacon butties and cake thrown in. The only Seven among Lagondas, Alvis, Bugatti and the like. A fun day, except we happened on a cloudburst on the way home. There wasn’t time to fiddle with the hood. I don’t think I’ve ever been so wet!
Alan Fairless
Spotted a Seven on a trailer going through Widnes, Cheshire; reg ALM 645.
Anyone on this site?

It's a lot closer to the road than mine will be for a good while Big Grin

Cheers,
David
ALM 645 belongs to a PWA7C NW Group member - I am surprised it was on a trailer - it is usually on the road.
It wasn't a brake-down trailer, it was being pulled by an estate car, maybe moving a few things at once?
(01-09-2024, 03:48 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: 1st Sunday in the month is our local old car . Despite a few drops of rain there was a good turn out.

The Alpine Renault - yes please...please...please!!
Hi All 

We went our local village show today. Only about a dozen cars but a fine collection of tractors. Including A Marshal….Single cylinder two stroke…that thing at the front is the cylinder head. It is started by unscrewing the t piece inserting a lighted taper then cranking from the side. 

Another interesting tractor was a grey Fergy with a cab, Montego diesel engine, mudguards. The owner drove about fifty miles to be at the show!

Highlight of the show for me was the demonstration of putting a ‘steel tyre’ on a wooden wagon wheel.

Then as we got home we spotted the Lea Francis owners club parked up in the Metropole!

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4454.jpeg (Size: 36.26 KB / Downloads: 119)
.jpeg   IMG_4450.jpeg (Size: 44.44 KB / Downloads: 117)
.jpeg   IMG_4452.jpeg (Size: 42.38 KB / Downloads: 116)
.jpeg   IMG_4442.jpeg (Size: 45.94 KB / Downloads: 117)
.jpeg   IMG_4445.jpeg (Size: 42.03 KB / Downloads: 116)