The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are owners of RN's JV 1193 or HY 5283 on the forum?
I'm trying to sort out my RN saloon,  chassis 156322 car No B59623 and changing all the Ruby mechanicals (engine, gearbox, back axle) back  to original spec but I'm having trouble fitting the engine. JV 1193 is only 7 and HY 5283 only 6 cars earlier and I was hoping to ask a few questions of the owners and possibly get some photos. I'm sure my car is an RN (not an RP) and being 3000 odd vehicles before the major change to the mechanicals I'm equally sure it's not some hybrid and I am try to install the right bits. Alternatively does anybody own an RN close to Warrington that would be happy to let me have a close look at?
Please contact using the forum PM system if you think you can help.
I live in Stockport, you are welcome to visit to see an RN saloon with an RN engine, what is the problem in fitting the engine? I install the engine and gearbox as one unit with the aid of a hoist, there was a time when i could lift the assembly in but those days are long gone. I've never tried to mate the engine to gearbox in the car.
Hi Dave, just sent you a PM detailing the problem, rather long but not easy to explain.
Best regards.