The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
My Seven was first registered in Fife. It's a standard saloon without the sunroof. I can't decide whether this was because of the Scottish weather or natural parsimony.
No Sunroof would have been handy this weekend ! 

Of the 20 or so miles i did drive in the rain, the window wiper only sprung into life within the last mile! 

I did treat the window with a new bottle of Rain-x in the morning, but it didnt seem to work very well, the water did still hang on the window
You obviously weren't going fast enough!

I've thought many times about reinstating or fitting a sunroof on my RP, but to be honest the last thing you want down here when it's 30+ degrees outside is Mr Currant Bun bearing down on your bald napper. It's far better cruising with the windows down, the screen wide open and the air-con on full...

Reckless from slightly further south than Fife.
Took the Seven down to the Moseley Railway Trust at Apedale today and managed a visit to the workshops & engine shed where I found this Austin Seven locomotive      it has a complete Seven chassis, engine gearbox and rear axle originally built for the Rhiwbach slate quarry and restored by the MRT. It even has a transmission brake      while the gearbox top has been replaced by one which gives forward and reverse only.
Very interesting.
Hi Dave

Do you think the Trust might have more information on the rebuild?  It would make a tremendous article for the Grey Mag.

Howard
As Howard says, it would be most interesting to discover more.

Yesterday was the Serendipity gathering at Much Marcle, something like seventy cars arriving and departing, crews tending to keep dry inside the pub. There was a group of four senior gentlemen mostly named Paul who stayed inside a large Wolseley saloon eating crisps and sarnies, they did manage to stay dry. A range of Sevens, in one picture alongside some machinery from Pickersleigh Road. There were no Hudson wagon chassis with Seven engines fitted.
It was Andrew Neale who helped MRT with it's rebuild so he will be able to provide the whole story Howard. here's a snippet from the Moseley Railway Trust website https://avlr.org.uk/moseley-railway-trus...tives/83-2.
Engine and gearbox is coming out today as I have a noisy thrust bearing, which I’ve been putting up with for two years, a cylinder head stud that’s gone “soft” and a persistent gearbox crunch changing from third to top, so that sounds like a worn synchro….and the fun part is that the car is fitted with a Nippy sump, so that’s got to come off before I can get the engine out.

Rosie wants me to go shopping, which I try to get out of, but I’m beginning to think it might be a good idea and I’ll start tomorrow!