The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - August 2024
Looks like a small motorcycle to me.
Child on a scooter??
I can confirm that Chris, every holiday we all had to wear our school uniforms to go away in, never did understand the concept, though would guess they were our “best” clothes
" A lone motorcycle can also be seen, parked outside the Mill Inn. "
Yes, more obvious when blown up a bit:

.jpg   Motorcycle.jpg (Size: 68.19 KB / Downloads: 333)
School uniforms on holiday. Denis on the Right Me on the left and younger brother Colin with Mum and the Standard 8 from Pride and Sharks Brixton
.jpg   img008 - Copy - Copy.jpg (Size: 108.84 KB / Downloads: 297)
Aaaarrrgghh
My Mum had a very similar skirt to Mrs Sweeney. This is Mum and I alongside Dad's F Type Vauxhall Victor Super bought new from Fewsters, Stocksfield in Northumberland. 

.png   Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 21.52.19.png (Size: 556.99 KB / Downloads: 241)
In our family we still chuckle about the 1960's photo of my father helping my sister make sandcastles whilst wearing his suit, complete with waistcoat. In later years he dressed down with a jacket and shirt. No good photos of the car from this era unfortunately.
(01-08-2024, 08:34 AM)Chris KC Wrote: The Little Chef on the A303..... You would go in, eye up the menu, order and wait....and wait....and wait.... Lucky if it would show up within an hour! The concept of "fast food" escaped them completely.

There were a few on the A303. We would stop at the one at Chiclade on our annual pilgrimage to Padstow in the 70s.  I went back there once with Mrs W in the 90s. We were put on a table with another family. My meal arrived first and I'd finished it before my wife's turned up.

Our closest equivalent was the Happy Eater at Hindhead. I always thought Happy Eater was slightly more upmarket, even though their logo looked like someone throwing up a giant prawn.

.png   HappyEaterlogo.png (Size: 6.24 KB / Downloads: 167)

Apparently, Little Chef disappeared in 2017, the final ones being converted to Starbucks or Greggs.  Happy Eater had gone by 1997. 

Thank goodness for the Wimpy still at Southsea!