The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger French
Sad to report that Roger French passed away on Sunday. I worked with him in Paris and Houston for 5 or 6 years in the 1990s; always a charming and knowledgeable man. A credit to his father.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I never met Roger in person but we had a number of conversations by e-mail over the years. I'm not sure what family he had but anyway my condolences.
How very sad. He used to come over to the UK in the summer and take in VSCC Prescott. When here, he'd always come to my paddock slot to find me out to say hello. One year, as he approached, I was talking to a friend who was a well known and successful international driver in the 1960's. I introduced them, Roger thought for a few seconds and then said 'D Type, 250 GTO, GT40 ands a couple of works Ferrari drives?'. He knew his motor racing. It's been VSCC Prescott this last weekend and I had wondered if he'd be there but, sadly, no.
Steve