The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
Crack on indeed, Daisy.
What a brilliant design! I can't wait to see it finished. Nice work, Daisy and friends.
Cheers, Geoffrey
Are there no end to Daisy’s talents? Well done young lady!
Grieg from South Africa, asked Dad what was going on with the van so we decided to do some today! Unfortunately we couldn't get out doing it sooner as Dad has been very busy working on other people's cars. it had been a very busy week of dance shows and music concerts, so Dad got out the van from the garage while i was sound asleep in my cosy bed! 

First we fitted the bulk head to the body and drilled lots of big holes in it to secure it to the chassis, it was my first time using the hole cutter and it was very satisfying and cool. we did it by drilling a small hole in the metal, then fitting the alan bolt in the hole. then we screwed on the cutter to the other end and used the impact gun to make the hole.

Willow and Mum then helped us lift the body off the chassis into the garage, to paint it. (of course i took most of the weight with my big muscles) when we got it in the garage and on a stand, we started painting it with a grey undercoat to protect the wood. Dad used a paint brush and i used a roller. we painted the whole of the outside and the floor and it looked fabulous! 

then we decided to try and start up the engine for the 3rd time ever! and it sounded amazing, it was music to our ears! 

https://youtube.com/shorts/74E_UFstkAQ?feature=share

Then I painted the bulk head with a black rattle can, it wasn't easy at first but i soon got the hang of it when dad showed me the best way to do it!
Impressive progess! And the engine sounds good - well done!
Hi Daisy,

Not sure that 'van' is the correct description: but whatever it's called, it looks fabulous. Looking forward to seeing it grow from here.

All the best,
Colin
A spurt of progress! And that engine sounds as sweet as a nut.
Daisy you are my absolute HERO, or more correctly HEROINE  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Super well done, it is so exciting to see your progress and your enthusiasm. I absolutely love your new "Rocketeer" Van. Have you decided on colours for the body & mudguards yet ?? I can't wait to see more pictures and finally YouTube videos of you driving your creation.

When I was your age I had my heart set on a "C" Cab van, which never actually materialised, however there were lots of other 7's to have fun with as well as sundry other makes. I also learned how to drive on an Austin 7 when I was 9 and 45 years later I'm still having fun with my Dad and 7's. We started building the engine for the 1928 Top Hat R Type this afternoon. It's very special to work with your Dad on such a fun project.

Crack on, you are doing a fabulous job 

Best wishes from the Colonies
Greig & Rod (Dad)
Good to see progress, it looks like an excellent job!
Looks fantastic Daisy!