The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I like the corner just at the finish line. One year I got a time crossing the line backwards.
Alan Fairless
(10-06-2024, 02:32 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: On Saturday, setting a new PB at Harewood.

Steve.

PS: Malcolm told us about the Morris van on Saturday morning having seen it on his way to Harewood.

Steve

Looks good
You are proof of the Archie Frazer-Nash saying that cars go faster when they've been crashed

c
I finally got round to curing the rear main bearing oil leak, this had a lip seal and it leaked. With the engine out and flywheel off I measured the flywheel boss it was 1.858", 0.017" under size wondering how it got like that I checked it for run out and found it was 0.008" out of true. A sleeve was shrunk onto the boss and machined to size curing the leak. The moral is to assume nothing and check everything somebody may have been there before you.
I fitted SpeediSleeves on the flywheel boss. It works well.
Jim
Speedisleeves don't cover the size error.
I had the boss turned parallel but not to the finish required for the seal. I don't have access to a lathe.
Jim
Spent a happy hour on my back in the cockpit of the Ulster sorting out some wiring and switches under the dash. That bit was comparatively easy - but getting out again was not!
(12-06-2024, 10:14 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Spent a happy hour on my back in the cockpit of the Ulster sorting out some wiring and switches under the dash. That bit was comparatively easy - but getting out again was not!

As one who got himself trapped in the same situation in his Ulster last Friday morning, I feel your pain, Tony Sad

Steve
Hi All

I got hissed at taking this photo of the goslings by the lake!  4 adults and eleven youngsters. There is also a swan with six or seven signets and lots of mallard, moorhen and coot chicks.

The van seems to be behaving but with only 50 miles on the clock anything can happen  Huh.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4208.jpeg (Size: 129.27 KB / Downloads: 203)
Not much to report from the Hawkins workshop other than I replaced a weeping core plug in the cylinder head on the box and while I was at it gave the radiator drain tap about fifty good turns with a large screwdriver to stop that weeping as well.