The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk1 Ruby wind up window channel.
My son has just fitted some new window channel to my Ruby. (Channel suppled by the Seven Workshop.) it fits well without any other fixings however the old channel had a type of split rivet fastenings holding it in place. There is a series of holes drilled into the channel to take the rivets. 
I have two questions.  No1 Is this as factory made.  No2 Does anybody know what type of rivets they are and who supplies them.  I don’t really think the rivets are necessary but need something to fill the holes and make it look right.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi

The factory used "Bifurcated Rivets" to hold items such as this in place. They can still be obtained, but I guess may be metric sized these days.
A local saddler will probably have a supply of bifurcated rivets.
ebay has loads including imperial.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Thanks to everybody. I will have to wait until my son returns from holiday to gain access to the car as it’s locked up on his garage. I need to poke a drill through the holes to check the size before I can make a purchase.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.