The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What wheels are these?
I have two of these wheels, they came off a cart used for a pony many years ago.

They seem to be heavy duty, thick rims with a deep rib at the spokes which themselves are extra thick.

Also the bobbin at the hub which may have been used to lift the car at the docks.

They are very sound though with lots of paint on them. 

Grateful for any info.

Thanks                    
Military Austin Seven.
Jim
Yes, Military Seven. The bobbins were used to connect the lifting slings to hoist the cars onto boats etc. I remember walking round a jumble some years ago with a well known Seven owner when we looked at a pair of these. 'Very rare wheels those' said the stall holder. My companion came straight back with 'Yes, but not as rare as the car they're for'.

Steve
This one is looking for some wheels!

.jpg   1940 Dunkirk abandoned Seven 2 (2).jpg (Size: 121.09 KB / Downloads: 465)
Yes military wheels,  I have four and spare on my military Austin a
Seven they are heavy duty

Stephen.
Does "military" indicate that the bobbins were used by Boadicea to attach blades to the wheels?
Photo 
Is this also Austin Military ? its a 15" came with two other 15" with the more typical wheel nut locating slot on the hub ? 

thanks Matt
Matt that's a "West London" wheel with the unshrouded center for better cooling on the brake drums. The pegs on the drums need to be removed with these wheels and they only drive on the studs. They were a '50's / '60's accessory item.

It's also offset, but unusually the offset is inwards and not outwards

Aye
Greig
Great thanks for the identification Greig
Or you could use them with the very late Ruby brake drums that don't have driving dowels