The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Centenary Bookings
(14-10-2021, 05:39 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Take a leaf out of the Continentals; lots of leather satchels strapped to the side!

Or a boot rack  Smile

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   D9349AA5-B3FE-41A2-ADA5-AEBDA7B9F4F5.jpeg (Size: 141.58 KB / Downloads: 376)
Funny enough, i can get 2 weeks worth of clothes etc in a supermarket carrier bag.....
The problem lays with the passenger dept ;-)
I applaud the organisers for their hard work and not having a pet, am untroubled by local regulations.
However, the suggestion that for the Prescott meeting people are encouraged to wear "Period Dress" will ensure that I dress in period.
And my chosen period will be early 21st century

C
Me too, Charles! Like you, driving a Seven up Prescott isn't a novelty (I've done that 8 times in 2021 already and for many years before). The novelty for me next July will be doing it 2 up in a softly sprung SWB Saloon rather than on my own in an Ulster with suspension set up like it's made from granite. What could possibly go wrong Huh

Steve
I have managed to book a room for the big event !!
I decided that spending money on a room was worth it rather than sleeping under canvas in a small tent.

I intend to let my mate have a thrash up Prescott in the EB65

I am working on getting a Nippy engine together, It will have a Hadley Pressure fed crank installed though.
I now have most of the bits together apart from pistons, I will be using slipper pistons and maybe some customised valves ( Normally found in japanese twin cam 16 valve 1800cc ) The valves will need a small reduction in diameter and length / custom bronze guides.
(14-10-2021, 05:30 PM)GrahamW Wrote: Booked, really excited !
Now just a logistical exercise in getting everything in the Ulster tail including camera gear and wife :-)
Only 150 miles there in a new car that keeps trying to kill me every time i go out in it !

One trick is is to get DHL, or FedEx, etc, to shift a box of essentials for you. And take it back afterwards....
Successfully booked accomm etc and now I'm starting to obsess - do I put the Ruby into a Sprinter - or drive it, in this instance from the Stena Terminal at Birkenhead on the Wirral down to Moreton in Marsh. I's prefer diving the ruby but ithe thought of 150 miles of cars and lorries up my rear, the relative lack of brakes and frustrated drivers trying to get past. is putting me off that option. Even quieter routes eg Chester, Whitchurch, Bridgenorth and Kidderminster seem very busy. Who else is driving that distance?
EdMcC Yes, drive it! Plenty of scope for finding minor roads on that run!
I agree, happy to help plan a suitable route Ed. You can get me on dunford1@aol.com
Big Grin 
Funny enough we are driving from Chester, might need an engine hoist to get me out of the Ulster upon arrival  Undecided