The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Spent several happy hours on my pal's Big Seven trying to work out why the indicators + semaphore worked fine on nearside but failed to proceed on the offside. Various tests resulted in a severe loss of valuable Lucas Smoke and a number of bits, including my thumb, became rather hot. In the end it transpired that the short was in the indicator bracket where the wire had chafed through. How we laughed...

We left the seven at home and took the 1955 Austin to Hunton Steam Gathering yesterday. There was a good selection of pre-war cars and just one seven, a late 2 seater tourer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A number of Seven owners went to spectate at Loton Park. It was very very wet indeed. Something like 14 Sevens were entered, not easy to see how many ascended the hill.  Some might not have survived yesterday. Being soaked, literally to the skin caused some of us to abandon watching about three o'clock. Whether the meeting was officially abandoned, or whether competitors had just stopped going to the start line but were loading their cars,  it seems that it just came to a stop by four. No Austins climbed the hill with hoods up, but certain Alvis and Riley owners decided that any minor increase in wind resistance mattered less than keeping marginally less wet and so canvas was worn.
(08-09-2024, 09:44 PM)Steve kay Wrote:

A number of Seven owners went to spectate at Loton Park. It was very very wet indeed. Something like 14 Sevens were entered, not easy to see how many ascended the hill.  Some might not have survived yesterday. Being soaked, literally to the skin caused some of us to abandon watching about three o'clock. Whether the meeting was officially abandoned, or whether competitors had just stopped going to the start line but were loading their cars,  it seems that it just came to a stop by four. No Austins climbed the hill with hoods up, but certain Alvis and Riley owners decided that any minor increase in wind resistance mattered less than keeping marginally less wet and so canvas was worn.

The meeting was officially abandoned after the first timed runs. It was very, very damp, especially in a fireproof race suit, a garment which behaves like a sponge in the wet.
It was a shame about the abandonment because I was certain I could get all the corners and gear changes right given just one more run…….
A bright but cold Autumn morning brought out a good selection of cars at our monthly meet near Richmond.            

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A few images of our run to Swan Hill, Victoria Australia, about 35 cars attended for a great weekend of driving, sightseeing and friendship.

(Today, 06:54 AM)Colin Cheesman Wrote: A few images of our run to Swan Hill, Victoria Australia, about 35 cars attended for a great weekend of driving, sightseeing and friendship.

Well done Colin and Maria.  A great turnout for the annual Border Run with the South Australian Austin 7 Club.

Great pictures !

Tony.
Great pictures, Colin.
The famous Catalina - one of my favourite aircraft. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_PBY_Catalina
One fact I've just learnt is that the type holds the record for the longest time in the air for any commercial flight.