The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I had a run round the block yesterday. I haven't used the RP for a while but with grandkids coming to stay there's a fair chance they'll want a ride out in "Popsies little red car". The battery was flat, but it started fine on the handle. I went the "back way" round to check and see if the Peugeot pick-up was still outside the stone yard, which it was (see post n°1 in this thread) and then came up from St André de Cruzières in the Ardèche back into the Gard near St Brès. It's a fair climb, 3rd gear for the RP and with ambient temp about 32°C I was keen to see if the car would suffer any over-heating issues. Not a problem, or as they say here "Nickel" (ni quelle). Popped in at Carrefour on the way back to top up with some E10 which is currently selling here at 1,80€ per litre

Car is back in the garage with the smart charger connected, just in case. Since I went LED the dynamo 3rd brush is turned right down to ease the load, so it only puts out about 1amp on "winter".

They are due to arrive this evening, so it's "Le calme avant la tempête".
Enjoy being with your family again, Bruce.
They are currently doing battle with the A6 just north of Lyon, so should be here by about 7pm. Le Bison Futé says the traffic is "normale" but it's the Vallée du Rhône and "normale" during French school holidays is like the M25 on a bad day. As they say in Sheffield "Neetmare, gaffer!"

Thanks, Ruairidh.
An alternative temporary bonnet mascot...  Smile

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_3382.jpeg (Size: 141.96 KB / Downloads: 378)
While running about in the RP this afternoon I stopped and took a pic outside our soon-to-be-reopened village pub. It has been closed for over 10 years but has been bought by villagers and will be a community pub. 

Hi Nick,

Lovely photo could have been a period pic. But it’s just a little too smart (the pub that is).

Tongue in cheek

Howard
(23-07-2024, 01:24 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: They are currently doing battle with the A6 just north of Lyon, so should be here by about 7pm. Le Bison Futé says the traffic is "normale" but it's the Vallée du Rhône and "normale" during French school holidays is like the M25 on a bad day. As they say in Sheffield "Neetmare, gaffer!"

Thanks, Ruairidh.

Hope they haven't forgotten to bring the brake shoes, Bruce and, if they have remembered, I hope you're happy with them Smile

Steve
Phew, the Peugeot pick up is still there! Civilisation is still safe.
Brake shoes and family arrived safe and well at     at 18h21 Macron summer time, after a 10 hour run down from Calais.

Very impressed with the quality, Steve, and eternally grateful for your help.
Ohh! They look nice Bruce.