The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Andrew. Your claim that Morris never made a van is not strictly true.
Yes, it was decided that commercials would not be made at Cowley but in 1923 Bill Morris bought E. G. Wrigley & Co. Limited for £213,044 and moved into their Soho, Birmingham factory on New Year's Day 1924. By February, Morris Commercial Cars Limited was incorporated, but it remained Morris's personal property until 1936 when it was acquired by Morris Motors.

Prior to this in 1913 a 5 cwt light van based in the White & Poppe Oxford chassis was offered and a 8 cwt model in 1923. The latter did not carry the familiar Bullnose radiator but a shorn off version.

I agree with Ruairidh...a cracking vehicle!
Yesterday afternoon was spent at a local pubs D Day celebration where my Pearl was on ARP duty. 

Great to see Sevens out and about at village events, but even though I’m not much of a car show person,I find it sad that red tape is putting an end to some of these events…perhaps the local car clubs could help out where wonderful village events are in danger if closing?
(10-06-2024, 09:04 AM)Gordon Puzey Wrote: Yesterday afternoon was spent at a local pubs D Day celebration where my Pearl was on ARP duty. 

Your Pearl is such a lovely colour, Gordon.
I believe that the beige/fawn colour was an Austin factory colour. When first bought my Ruby it was that colour.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
https://archive.a7ca.org/collections/pai...em/pc0014/
On Saturday, setting a new PB at Harewood.

Steve.

PS: Malcolm told us about the Morris van on Saturday morning having seen it on his way to Harewood.
Yes, Dove Grey with Old Gold fine lines. Paint supplied by Craftmaster and lovingly applied to the Pearl with a posh brush by me. 

Gordon
Nice line, Steve.
Alan Fairless
It's a corner where I think I should/could be more brave - but I've been thinking that for years Sad Huh

Steve