The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Austin for sale?
But only for the Spanish market.
Lengua en la mejilla de nuevo? ¿O no te gusta Austin Sietes? Seguramente todos los sobrevivientes, por tristes que puedan ser algunos de ellos, son preciosos.
None of my comments have suggested that I don’t like it.

In my opinion, the cylinder head is the most interesting and valuable part.

My tongue remains firmly in my cheek with any references to Spain, Prototype or Sports.

Ole!
Glad you like it, Ruairidh, I was worried there for a moment.
ok, so seeing the inside of the doors, that bench has presumably been rejigged from something else.... when it was made into the grand tourer.
Apparently the Gaydon records are to be checked... so hopefully there will be Chapter and Verse on this one in due course to confirm it is a boat-tail - but you never know... it just might be the only known surviving boat-tailed-Targa-B-type?
Gaydon have now supplied Robert Johnson with the details for this car - it is from early June 1930, chassis no around 111,000. The result seems somewhat ambiguous, depending on what the record usually says - it is brief and there isn't much to go on. What would the official Austin build record be expected to show for a boat-tail, please? I think the relevant questions are:

Make and Model?
Body number?
Hood colour?

Does anyone have access to a Gaydon boat-tail build record from around the same time, please?
You are probably only going to get 'Tourer', trim colour and type (which can be interpreted) and body colour(s). No body number listed.

Can you let us know what it says? 

From the car, what is the stamped body number... and are there letters present?
It isn't listed as 'Tourer'. How are boat-tails details usually given in the register, please?
The newly obtained information about this specific car is presented on a Heritage Certificate rather than being a photocopy of the original Austin record. This makes it harder to understand as it is not the original entry as written on the day. The certificate says "Make and Model: Austin Seven Two-Seater" - so presumably in the Austin register is just says "Two-seater". Hence my question about how boat-tails are listed - was this usual? It is the name used in the brochure of the time.

Further down, for this car, where it says "Hood Colour", the certificate says "Not applicable". Again, the same questions arises. What does the actual Austin build register say, and what would it usually say for a boat-tailed Seven at this time?

I am expecting the entry to tally with any other boat-tailed car - so why does it say "Not Applicable" for the hood colour? Examples of the original records might answer this?