The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stunning
Yet another that isn't on the A7CA register. It took me a while to realise that this is on an age-related plate (LFO 470) that's been cunningly spaced to look like two letter, four digits.
It is slightly worrying to read in the advert that the car has been invited to the Houses of Parliament on a number of occasions.  I wonder if this has anything to do with us enjoying exemption from Vehicle Excise Duty?
Lets hope they don't introduce a Draylon Tax in the next budget!
My first thoughts were after seeing the inside upholstery, cushions and curtained windows was what a passion wagon. Then I thought Austin Seven no not enough room. 

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every ugly baby has a mother that loves it. At least it's not been bastardised into a fake ulster look alike.
(24-08-2020, 09:06 AM)John Mason Wrote: My first thoughts were after seeing the inside upholstery, cushions and curtained windows was what a passion wagon. Then I thought Austin Seven no not enough room. 

John Mason.

Years ago when I took my fabric saloon back to show to the lady who had first owned it, she looked at me and said, with a glint in her eye, " We did our courting in the back ".
It's a long story, but my RP's wartime owner kept her petrol ration by lending the car to her boss for "courting" at weekends.
Probably more comfortable and quiet than your average seven.
Interior has to some extent the Austin 12/4 Windsor style.
While interior is not to everyone’s taste the bodywork looks nice, the car does not deserve the bashing 
It’s getting here.As Reckers says, better for it to be like it is rather than just another Ulsteroid
I pulled my comment as Zeto made me think - if it was my car, and I loved it, I would be really hurt by people deriding it. I will therefore simply say that it is not to my taste.
There's folk who fall about laughing and think we're mad, bashing the living daylights out of our cars on rocky tracks, going home covered in mud and very cold and wet. But hey, we don't take it personally. For a young academic forum reader there is the makings of a serious study, possibly culminating in a professorship here. Comparison of trialling with installing Raylon headlining, a post Jungial analysis of intention and meaning. Now, where are the oilskins and sou'wester, it's through the storm to the workshop.
Hi All

As editor of the SWA7 club mag I’m privy to old copies printed on what looks like blotting paper with a blue Printing machine.  One “letter to the editor” caught my eye and is pertinent to this discussion read something like this.....

Some A7 owners spend all there time in the workshop and never drive their cars and I’m fine by that... others drive their cars all the time boasting of miles and miles of rough road antics...and I’m fine with that... others take their cars to shows polished and buffed and I’m fine with that.....  What I’m not fine with is those who tell me that I should polish my car or drive my car or work on my car and any other things I should do with my car! Let each to his own....

Cheers

Howard