The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
I had a Reliant Scimitar back in the early 1980s - its colour was called Highland Purple and was quite attractive. One to think about perhaps?
Like this maybe...

Hi Daisy, I've just popped in to see how you're going, and to see the amazing progress on the van. It's really very good! I particularly love the position of the Austin script on the radiator. But there is much more to love on that van.
Carry on! Smile
Cheers, Geoffrey
A number of you have noticed the Austin Script.

The radiator is the original one from my own Ulster, I put the script down there because of the headlamp bar that goes across where that badge would normally sit.

It does look good on the van, I think she can keep it on her car...
Taking my Nan out in the car when I was 17 - original position of the badge...

Later position, as seen on Daisy's van...

hi Andrew thanks for the colour suggestions, i really like the idea of the second car you put on, the deeper one. i also really like the idea of the highland purple, thanks David! thank you all for the suggestions and compliments. Smile
Hi Daisy

One more colour idea for you.

Our RK was going to be Maroon (standard Austin colour) but when we went to the paint supplier this Aubergine colour was close in the pile of colour swatches and Liz fell in love with it. It is a British Standard colour so should be easy to order.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4073.jpeg (Size: 140.83 KB / Downloads: 189)
Loving this so much Daisy (plus you are tottaly my inspiration - if you can do it so can I)

I appreciate all the various purple suggestions but would like to add another thought. Given the shape of the car and the intent I think the colour needs to be a lot more fun.

A superhero colour seems like it might be closer to the theme.

The Phantom for instance suits in colour and the age of the comic (debuted 1936)

.jpg   phantom.jpg (Size: 167.77 KB / Downloads: 155)

On the other hand a femal super hero would be awesome. 

Ultra Woman?

There is also Raven and Medusa.

OR in a slightly different direction, the Wacky Races: Mean Machine

And then there would also be Penelope Pitstop's Car or even FAB 1 from Thunderbirds.

Have fun with it!!!
(10-09-2024, 09:38 PM)Daisy Dunford Wrote: hi Andrew thanks for the colour suggestions, i really like the idea of the second car you put on, the deeper one. i also really like the idea of the highland purple, thanks David! thank you all for the suggestions and compliments. Smile

Repeat post from yesterday (hate technology): I think it's likely that the car Andrew posted is Highland Purple, as it's the same age as mine was (M registration).
I reckon JPSMIT suggestion to go the full Dick Dastardly Mean Machine of Purple with a Yellow fin is a great suggestion. As mentioned earlier some period advertising vehicle's had some quite bold colour schemes.
Black Art Enthusiast