The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
Our daughters had one of these, probably in the early 1980's

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...=abme,trie
Hi Daisy

It's your car, paint it whatever you want & because you have a sports van, you can get away with some rather outrageous colours as many vans were used for advertising back in the day. Let's face it, the standard '20's and '30's paint colours were rather conservative.

The Million Morris Minors were painted Lilac, that's not a bad option for your van, pale Lilac vs pale grey on the body. Not too much of a stretch away from the current pale grey & would certainly stand out a bit from the crowd - but then your Sports Van will do that all by itself regardless of colour. It really is very unusual and strikingly pretty.

From experience I can tell you that choosing the final colour isn't easy, I've changed choice on my current project at least 3 times and I'm sort of doubting my current choice as I type. A few sketches in different colours will ultimately bring your creation to life. Then you choose your colour and go for it.

Fantastic to work with your Dad, it's precious time together. My Dad & I got the green single seater running again on Sunday afternoon. It needed some repairs following the Simola hill climb in May.

Aye
Greig
Perhaps Aubergine?? I had a Nissan 200SX Touring in this colour. People said it looked " girly ". Maybe...but there was nothing girly in its performance. Go for it Daisy!
Thanks you all for your encouragement on my "Purple People Eater", it sounds like a good name. I will have to think about that one.

the next thing we did was put an end on the starter motor cable, so we used dad's special clamp and then put heat shrink onto the end to seal it, and make it look neater.            

the next day, Dad's friend David can to help us with the doors! he is very good at woodwork but we still had to drill the hinges ready for the screws. 

we screw the hinges onto the door, now we have doors that open! yay! 

sandy has been amazing and has helped us with the disc wheels. at first i didn't really get the vision that Dad had but the other day when i saw them on the wheels they looked fab! and makes my car stand out even more. Dad says it makes it look like a Hot Rod.

We haven't had much time to do the bonnet, so we are hoping it will be dry! but just in case dad has found a chummy one for the meantime, to hopefully cover the engine.

I was just listening to the purple people eater song and i quite like it, thanks guys.
Will it be mobile for the Young Drivers Day at Forrestburn on Sept 8th, or will a parental vehicle be the vehicle of choice?
The Scottish A7 Club have booked Forrestburn for a Young Drivers day, this Saturday and Sunday, Steve.

She will be driving it for the first time ever, at that.

Monklands are running the event the next weekend on the back of our booking, which is great.
I have to agree on the disc wheels they just flow through perfectly with the art deco look.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Love the wheel discs, Daisy - they are super cool!
Daisy,
Your car is taking shape very well. Keep up the good work!
Good lord, Forrestburn swarming with enthusiastic youngsters going fast and furious!