The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
Hi Reckless

I can be tight when it comes to non essentials.....Like food and household effects  Smile Smile

Cheers

Howard

Hi All

To possibly bring the thread back to where it should be.

That fabric work is first class. I know how difficult forming compound curves in fabric is.  I’ve thrown away several metres of good cloth when the stretch has not worked how I want it.  

Peter......How are the seams to be finished?  Hidem  banding is what I have used but I’m not sure if this is really period.  

Excellent work....Any date for completion?

Cheers

Howard
Hi Howard,

The upholsterer is a very talented chap. Nothing has phased him at all, which given that it isn't a production car is quite something. He's also been happy to take the initiative where I hadn't made the design obvious. I get almost daily updates and there have been very few difficulties.

The seams around the roof are covered by the gutters and an ali strip across the back, just the same as an aluminium or fabric Austin saloon. All the other edges are tucked away where you don't see them - behind the sill panels and under the door rebates.

There is a still a mountain of work to do so it won't be finished this summer. Amazing how many detail fittings there are to find, restore and fit, and of course Ruairidh and I both have the distraction of businesses to run!

www.peternaulls.co.uk
dont get me wrong folkes,  having a new car is not about the snobbery of having one.

its a matter of having a reliable BUISNESS vehicle.

i dont mind 20 bums sitting on the seat before me. im after a vehicle that hasent got 20 years worth of wear on the parts.

and yes i know there is NO garrentee a new car will get you there. but its all about increasing those odds.

take today i started a 2 am this morning. drove 7 hours to scotland. had a good day chatting with a friend. picked up the ulster which is what i was there for. and drove back 7 hours this evening. got back 15 mins ago. and i dont have to think about what could go wrong. were as my last van at 12 years old 190,000 miles on the clock. i got used to what would fail if something failed. so its always im mind will it get to scotland and back.

during next week the ulster will probably go down to KENT to be married with its blown engine. another long trip.

if it wasnt for running a buisiness, trust me id be looking for a pretty reliable cheap 20 year old car like everyone else.

I didnt get mood lighting on L200, but if they put them in on future models, i WILL insist on GRUMPY OLD MAN MODE Big Grin

and dont get me going on keyless door locks, and push button starters. NOT NEEDED.

tony, having a grump.

now get back to talking about this lovely car being built.
(29-04-2021, 07:25 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

Oh dear! I appear to be at odds with everyone.

I rather like having a new car even if it has been driven by all and sundry.  I also rather like toys although mood lighting is new to me.  I also quite like the warranty although I’ve never needed it and the free breakdown service (I’ve not needed that either).  And yes I do have personalised plates.  I also admit to owning cars using the pcp plan which others may say is an expensive way of running a car. 

But that is just me.....Each to their own  Smile

Cheers

Howard

Wealthy as well  Big Grin
More beautiful workmanship from the upholsterer ...

.jpg   image002.jpg (Size: 125.7 KB / Downloads: 447)

.jpg   imageW.jpg (Size: 89.6 KB / Downloads: 447)

Also, for anyone who wants a quick recap on the ash framework assembly process I've added a slideshow to the website:  https://peternaulls.co.uk/highland-coupe/
I was expecting Harris Tweed, but I must say that looks lovely!
I can't work out the last picture - are the seats a matching wool or cotton, or leathercloth too? It's all going to set off the black very well.
It's all leather, just very low-res photos that make it look otherwise.

www.peternaulls.co.uk
I would feel very comfortable whizzing around in leather bound luxury, epic work as usual. I’m guessing you are going for traditional West of England cloth for the headline, or do you have a tartan in mind?
No tartan I'm afraid, just grey cloth for the headlining.

There is one little feature, a nod to its Highland roots which I haven't told Ruairidh about yet. We'll see how long it takes him to find it after the car returns to Glasgow   Big Grin