The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
thank you very much for the lovely comments, David, Colin, Ivor, Duncan, Ian, Andrew, Andy, Jamie, Dave and steve. 

Grieg, you are right! it is a pleasure to work with my Dad and i am very much enjoying it, thank you. i think i have decided that my car will be purple, i'm not sure what shade though. Dad thinks the grey looks nice, but i think it's a bit boring! and for the mudguards we were just thinking black.

hi Howard, we used a roller for the larger areas of the car and the brush for some of the trickier/harder parts to reach.

Andrew, thanks you for the painting tips. We were thinking of painting it but the man who paints Dad's cars for him has offered to paint it for free! but maybe i'll use those tips in the future.

the first thing we did was rivet the bracket for the starter button.

then we took apart the starter button that we were going to use because it was very dirty. when we took it apart a bunch of red, rust, dust came out of it. we used Dad's noisy clearer/sand blaster. it was very satisfying to do. 

we then made an accelerator rod, we had to bend it quite a lot to make it fit. making the accelerator work was my favourite part because i didn't know how it really worked and where it came out and everything.

I've been looking for a starter switch and bracket like that for many years. You wouldn't happen to have another you would be willing to part with would you?
Cheers,
Stephen
Crack on Daisy, the van racer will soon be up and running!
Hi Steve,

We don’t have another one of these, sorry.
I love the idea of a purple van. You haven't compromised on anything so far Daisy and the final look of your van is definitely not the time to start.

Jenny Joseph the poet said very well, 'when I am old and grey I shall wear purple' but you can do it at the other end of the spectrum and start your life with a purple car.

Go purple...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(26-08-2024, 04:38 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: I love the idea of a purple van. You haven't compromised on anything so far Daisy and the final look of your van is definitely not the time to start.

Jenny Joseph the poet said very well, 'when I am old and grey I shall wear purple' but you can do it at the other end of the spectrum and start your life with a purple car.

Go purple...

Me too!

I am reminded of a novelty song from the '50's entitled (if I remember aright) " One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater" Wink

Keep up the good work, Daisy.
That song is in my repetoire! I remember it well being played on the juke box at 'The Green Plunge Cafe' in Royston Hertfordshire.
Jim
Now, 'The purple people eater', that sounds like a name for a car if ever I heard one.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(26-08-2024, 05:17 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Now, 'The purple people eater', that sounds like a name for a car if ever I heard one.

I was wondering whether Daisy might pick up on that.
She is at football training tonight, I will try and get her to come back to you all, soon.

She will enjoy your comments, thank you.