The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honeymoon Roadtrip to Mull
Lovely photos Rupert and at least you got some sunshine between the storms. Mull is lovely, though we've never seen it from a Seven.
I'm envious Rupert, what a splendid adventure.

I'm reminded that recently Howard Wright has been pleading for articles to go in the grey mag, maybe get in touch?
(Yesterday, 08:04 AM)Chris KC Wrote: I'm envious Rupert, what a splendid adventure.

I'm reminded that recently Howard Wright has been pleading for articles to go in the grey mag, maybe get in touch?

Definitely 

I’d love to use a version of this in the magazine.

I’m not sure anyone has said this yet but congratulations on your wedding!

Howard
"Evidently I'd made some right decisions with my choice of wife as she was very amenable to this being how to spend our honeymoon."

Sounds like a good call! Congratulations Rupert.
(20-09-2024, 01:14 PM)RupertW Wrote: We made easy progress to Oban on the main road and had time to for a leisurly lunch and a reviving bowl of cullen skink. Just as we were paying up though a notification came through to say that our ferry had been cancelled due to weather - potentially quite a serious blow to our plans.

Nethertheless we still headed to the ferry terminal to see what the situation was and if there were any other routes we could take to Mull, and were informed that we might be able to get on the next boat if it was running and there was space but that it was unlikely.

We hadn't removed the wedding ribbons by this point, which may have worked in our favour as having politely pointed out that the car was 1) very small, and 2) it was our honeymoon, we managed to get onto the next boat after a few hours of waiting and were the last vehicle loaded.

The smaller ferry from Oban to Craignure is prone to weather issues. The big one is more reliable.
The alternative is a pretty long detour using the Corran ferry across Loch Linnhe and the small Lochaline-Fishnish route onto Mull. It’s a nice way round if you plan the extra time. 
It would be fun in a Seven
(Yesterday, 08:28 AM)Howard Wright Wrote:
(Yesterday, 08:04 AM)Chris KC Wrote: I'm envious Rupert, what a splendid adventure.

Definitely 

I’d love to use a version of this in the magazine.

I’m not sure anyone has said this yet but congratulations on your wedding!

Howard
 Thanks Howard, I'd be happy for this to go into the grey mag, I'm still putting it together but presumably it can be lifted and shifted to an extent into the mag? Obviously I can email across any pictures if that's easiest.
Great road trip report and excellent photos Rupert - thank you.

I like your pic of Tobermory, a bit more artistic than any I have taken. It is a place we have visited from the land-side and the sea a few times. Spent a few nights on the swinging moorings there. Having come to A7's fairly late in life, we have not been so intrepid as you, so this report is an inspiration to have a go.
Great article which reminds me of of our visit to Mull via the Lochaline ferry a few years go, we'd no sooner arrived than the heavens opened with torrential rain in which all the modern cars with sloping windscreens pulled over but was no problem with the Seven's vertical screen and never a drop entered the car. The rain soon stopped and we had a nice time in Tobermory.
Hi Rupert

Could you send an email to editor@a7ca.org I can then reply with some guidelines etc.

Cheers

Howard
(Yesterday, 01:15 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Rupert

Could you send an email to    editor@a7ca.org    I can then reply with some guidelines etc.

Cheers

Howard
 No problem, I've just sent across an email to you

(Yesterday, 01:15 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Rupert

Could you send an email to    editor@a7ca.org    I can then reply with some guidelines etc.

Cheers

Howard