The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clearing the jet in a 22FZB
Hi 
Slow running jet is .35 mm  and will be marked  .35mm size of jet 26 length
I certainly wouldn't use drills to clean out jets. 
  For the bigger ones you can use a Teepee inter-dental brush. For the slow running use a piece of fuse wire held taut in a little vice. Failing that use an ultrasonic cleaning bath.
This is the sort of thing I have used for very gently clearing a blocked jet and can be used to increase size of a jet.
https://www.eternaltools.com/watchmakers...oaches-set
Bob
The thought of using any sort of drill bit to clean out a blocked slow running jet frightens me. Even hand held and to the correct size, if nothing else it sounds like a good recipe for the jet to become blocked permanently if/when the bit fractures. As Robert suggests, a piece of fuse wire or a strand of wire from a piece of electrical cable is about it. Other than that, if well blocked, ultra sonic cleaning may be the only way.

I appreciate that the jet in question is already blocked but, once clear, making sure it doesn't block again is a plan. I used to get a blockage to the slow running jet two or three times a year, particularly when the car had not been used for a period. I thought that this was, probably, the result of the petrol remnant in the jet evaporating but leaving a residue. That stopped when I started leaving the car ticking over but turning the petrol tap off when I was putting it away and leaving it ticking over until the engine stalled. That results in no petrol remnant being left in the jet. Since then, no blocked slow running jet. Appreciate that will now be a case of famous last words but it's works for me so far.

Steve
In addition to the suggestions already made, these three items have helped me a great deal over the years:

for info, the "smallest one" on the red jet and nozzle cleaning set which R posted - and I also have - appears to be about 0.35mm. Willie's repro items appear to be 20 quid and available... so that's another option for people but I'm determined to crack this first!
result.
Feeling slightly squeamish, I put the jet into the pillar drill jaws pointy side down, then held the small jet cleaner in pliers to equate to Ruairidh's jet picker. I then offered the prick into the jet and jabbed back and forth gently while spinning (the drill, that is) and it came free after a few minutes. It would not do the same from the entry hole upward, so perhaps it wanted to leave the same way it arrived!

I imagine surgeons feel similar pleasure as they ablate blockages. But I'm glad it wasn't my jet.