The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The start of my van's body build
Pleasure Steve. As you say it’s Tsawwessen and he recently moved into a residential care home. Notwithstanding that, he recently bought a pedal tricycle for himself to keep fit
Here's a couple of pics of Roy's cars. The red Chummy now resides in my garage, but I know not what became of the van YW7781

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Body framework is progressing slowly. 

The doors are next on the list to be assembled. The wee container of hardware has to be gone through and assessed for what needs to be done to have it all install correctly. John gave no information on the door assembly with the vans build instructions so its a case of common sense and looking at photos to confirm my suspicions  for assembly.

The Budget lock door latches have springs so hard that I can barely press them in with my thumbs. I've disassembled one to look at replacing the very stiff springs with softer ones that won't wreck the B pillars when closing the doors. I know that technically the doors are a "slam" type but I don't think that the latches would allow you to close them unless you twist the handle and pull them closed. I'll have to fabricate the inside release lever/ handles.

At the moment its all a case of one step forward and two back it seems.

Cheers,
Stephen