The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas shopping - young James persuades his father to let him drive the AE
Sadly I cannot remember the date I passed my test and no longer have my first red book driving license.
I do remember my father taught me and it was a very fractious episode, immovable object vs irresistible force! It would not have been too long after my 17th birthday but…….
What I do remember was that it was in West London and the sun was very low in the sky, so probably early in the year.
On leaving the test centre we turned right, straight into the sun and straight away there was a cross roads with double white lines which I drove straight through!!
Immediately realising what I had done I was convinced I was doomed to failure and drove the full test just wanting to get out of the car and go home.
When we finished he gave a long hard stare and commenting on my error and then much to my surprise he passed me.
This would have been in the late 60’s, it feels such a shame that it took till 2018 till I first got behind the steering wheel of Ruby, hey ho

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christmas shopping - young James persuades his father to let him drive the AE - by Denis Sweeney - 11-12-2023, 06:53 PM