The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas shopping - young James persuades his father to let him drive the AE
living on my own from around 13, I was the fall guy who drove my older fiends in a FIAT 600 to Saturday evening dances in Wangaratta. they would promptly get a skin full knowing that I would drive them the 20 miles back home. The father of the "friends" in question happened to be the local police sargeant who one Sunday morning questioned me as to how his kids managed to drive home, with the suggestion that I had been driving. This was followed by the further suggestion that I might come to the police station after school a few days later to do something about the lack of a drivers license. arriving at the station at the appointed hour, I was asked a few questions about the road rules, instructed to drive to the main street so that the "tester" could buy some fags, told to drive back to the station at which time I was issued with a drivers license; no further questions asked, but warned never to get caught for a driving offence. full stop !

that's the way it was in a small Victorian country town in 1956.

all this came back to bite me after returning back to Australia following living overseas for 30 years and I had to apply for a new license. But that's another story.

happy Christmas from sunny Myrtleford

I

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christmas shopping - young James persuades his father to let him drive the AE - by narrowgauger - 11-12-2023, 06:03 AM