The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1937 Austin 7- 2 seater,Crank case Oil quantity?
You are correct, the vehicle is Left hand drive with a bench seat. I do believe the ONLY modification is the seat. I know my grandfather reupholstered the seat. I do not know if the bench seat was standard or if it was made after. The vehicle is all Original otherwise.

So, Update.

Yesterday I got the new Spark plugs.

Pulled out the old ones which looked BLACK and looked to be Gapped out to .030-.034.

I Put a couple drops of mystery oil in each cylinder. Gapped the new plugs out to about .024 and tested each plus for spark against the crank case.

So I confirmed i had spark.
Next I retested the fuel pump by hooking up a small line into a cup of fuel and manually priming. No draw from the cup and no fuel filling the bowl or exiting.

So, the pump is not pumping ! Either the diaphragm is toast or it’s all clogged up.

I filled the carburetor bowl directly and gave her a crank.

She fired up and ran for 20 seconds! The Best 20 seconds in weeks!

I have a video of it running but it won’t let me upload it. 

So now i just need to find the proper rebuild kit for the pump, with diaphragm and gaskets.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1937 Austin 7- 2 seater,Crank case Oil quantity? - by JasonT - 06-10-2023, 02:47 PM