The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1937 Austin 7- 2 seater,Crank case Oil quantity?
Thanks so much Chris!

I dropped the carburetor bowl as you said and unfortunately it was dry as a bone which really bummed me out because i thought i had cleaned out the fuel tank and mesh well enough for flow through the pickup tube. I had also blew out the fuel lines. So maybe it was a fuel pump issue.

So next I did what you said and filled the bowl with fresh fuel and reinstalled it. There was some leakage out of the air intake when reinstalled very full. “don’t know if that’s normal”

I cranked it over with the bowl filled, unfortunately still NOTHING. So im assuming that some or part of the plugs, leads, distributor or coil is the culprit.

I have the new leads and plugs on the way.

(The Fuel Pump is a whole other thing)
So i took off the fuel line connections off the fuel pump, nothing until I loosened the top bolt on the cap to the fuel pump, a decent amount of the OLD fuel started leaking out. I wiped out the old fuel and cleaned up the pump filter screen that actually looked decent. I hooked everything back up and primed again and gave it a couple cranks, opened it back up, nothing inside. It doesn’t appear to be drawing fuel or my tank is still not clean enough.

Didn’t have a chance to check the plugs yet but i will.

Got a solid win though, turning on the small side lights and headlamps, both worked !

And cracked open the distributor, i don’t know much but the rotor arm and the metal points on the cap looked pretty clean.                             

And the distributor 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1937 Austin 7- 2 seater,Crank case Oil quantity? - by JasonT - 03-10-2023, 11:38 PM