The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original sprung rear seat squab
(07-08-2023, 07:49 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: Tony: I don't think your rear seat has the original covering. Enclosed photo taken from a 1928 Top Hat rear seat. Original and untouched.
Note the two catches to keep the seat in situ and the two oval  " cushion pads "  between the catches

Correct, the cover is not original and even had a second one over it. The whole base is in terrible condition - though it still "worked" until recently. Rather than research having a new one made, I had one made up by Simon Laxton with ordinary padding that looks just fine. If a precise replica could be made, I'd be interested - is Ian Moorcroft able to help? The one from the '28 Top Hat looks, by comparison, to be perfect with very interesting details of the bronze coating on the springs, catches, frame and covering. Even the latticework of fragile "chicken wire" is intact (mine had dissolved into rust and mostly fell out when the duct tape strapping over the bottom was peeled off (yet another bodge job by the previous owner). Thanks for posting the images.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original sprung rear seat squab - by Parazine - 07-08-2023, 10:43 PM
RE: Original sprung rear seat squab - by Tony Griffiths - 08-08-2023, 01:44 AM