The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedi-Sleeve Query - Advice Please
Just a quick update as I finally fitted the speedi-sleeve this afternoon.

After much thought I eventually decided to cut through the radiused portion so that it could be removed after installation.   I did this with a junior hacksaw but it would probably have been easier with a good pair of sharp snips (if I had some) as the metal is definitely slightly hardened.

I then drifted the sleeve into position using the supplied tool until the radiused portion was fully home.   This was somewhat easier than I'd feared it being a relatively light press fit.

Removing the "tear off" section wasn't as easy as it looked on-line.   To get started I used a small screwdriver to prise up the end and then tried to peel it away with pliers but it was extremely tough.   I changed to a pair of Mole grips which made it much easier.

Once this was off I drifted the sleeve down until it covered the full length of the flywheel boss by resting a piece of hardwood on the open end and tapping it down with a mallet.   I had worried this would damage the unsupported end of the sleeve but actually it went down quite easily.

Now it was fully home there was just something like .030" of the sleeve projecting beyond the end of the flywheel boss which I filed off and also created a small chamfer to avoid it catching on the oil seal.   A final smooth down with some emery and it was complete.

With many thanks for all the advice,
John.

Messages In This Thread
Speedi-Sleeve Query - Advice Please - by John P - 09-07-2023, 05:12 PM
RE: Speedi-Sleeve Query - Advice Please - by John P - 15-07-2023, 07:03 PM