The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translation of foreign car publications
I was reading some German-language machine tool publications the other evening using Google Translate. This has the disadvantage of taking only a few paragraphs, so I gave ChatGPT a go. To test it, I found a site with the text in German and English and had ChatGPT translate the German entry into English. I then compared it to the article's English version and, what a surprise; not only was the translation accurate, it tightened up the text, improved the punctuation and added paragraphs where non had existed before (but, as I don't speak German, might it be that some "nuance" in the originals is missing?). Next job, try it with the BMW page on the Dixi. Here's the result - so it should work well with anything you're curious about in a foreign-language car magazine, etc. American spelling, of course - but, hey, you can't have everything.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Translation of foreign car publications - by Tony Griffiths - 02-06-2023, 10:53 AM