The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for the loan of an original Chummy seat
So, I have managed to borrow a pal's seat for comparison (and I will be making forther comparison with another seat later in the week which is devoid of upholstery)

First Picture shows side on view that confirms the angle of the back is about right - as is its height..

second picture, straight on starts to reveal the problems. My seat is 14" wide at the point where the back curves in at the base of the seat back, the other (original) is 15 1/2" That *would* make a difference. You can also see that the base frame is totally different with a much higher front giving better support under the thighs and knees.

The third picture shows the 2 seat bases. At first sight they are not too dissimilar, the frames opening fore and aft, side to side, is within 1/4" of each other. However, the main difference is the orginal seat base sits on top of the frame whereas mine sits inside it.  Measuring the actual seat base gives an additional width of an 1" (15" to 14") at the front - which would also give a litttle more support. The seat base itself is also shaped higher at the front compared with mine that is 'flat'

Finally, the original seat has an additional support rail to the rear, which appears original. Can someone confirm that please?

It is beginning to look less likely that mine can be simply improved and would require major rebuilding to overcome the problems....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for the loan of an original Chummy seat - by Hugh Barnes - 09-01-2023, 02:02 PM