The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DVR Regulator and DFL Dynamo
Robson and Francis said that 12V wants about 5 ohm, so perhaps you are a bit low. They had warranty problems with the former model DVR3 (before the new owner) and now use a different regulator with a larger heat sink. That was a few years ago...

They of course advocate new windings, otherwise you are going to revving higher to charge. Is the DFL 4 pole or 2?

It is one of the reasons I'm staying with 6V on the DEL, because its less efficient/more expensive to convert to 12V windings!

This might also be useful from Mike Hutchings... I was targeting the lower cost units so I could carry a spare, and also didn't think I needed the higher car output. I'm presuming the second bit is universal to either unit but may be wrong.

"I would not advise using a DVR2 to control your dynamo, without a new field winding anyway. The DVR2 is really designed with motorcycles in mind. It does not have output current limiting, so unusual electrical demand would overload the dynamo (larger flat battery and the increased electrical loads on the car).

A series resistor will probably increase the engine speed required to provide any useful charge. The resistor will add its own dissipation and further reduce efficiency. But I do not have direct experience of trying this addition".

Messages In This Thread
DVR Regulator and DFL Dynamo - by Charles P - 28-12-2022, 02:15 PM
RE: DVR Regulator and DFL Dynamo - by JonE - 28-12-2022, 05:44 PM
RE: DVR Regulator and DFL Dynamo - by Charles P - 28-12-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: DVR Regulator and DFL Dynamo - by JonE - 28-12-2022, 06:29 PM