The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for you body builders
I have a Speedex Silverstone shell that is in poor condition and plan to strip out the existing corroded (but probably factory) steel mounting frame in favour of a more simple loose skin approach over a basic lightweight tube frame, akin to Keith Jenkins' (now John Paul Davies') car (pictured below)

I'd like to form some stiffeners to prevent the fragile fibreglass from deflecting, using thin sheet aluminium with holes with folded edges for stiffness without adding too much weight.

Can anyone advise me of the thinking behind selecting a grade and thickness of aluminium to use and the best way to form the edges of any cut outs.

I seem to remember Ian Williams posting some great pictures of forming panels for his special, but am struggling to locate them on here. I also seem to remember a white plastic chopping board being butchered to make a suitable tool..?

Any advice gratefully received, particularly in the form of step by step photos.

Also... if I may, If anyone has a Ruby chassis (in any condition)...

TIA

Nick

Messages In This Thread
A question for you body builders - by Nick Lettington - 11-11-2022, 05:57 PM