The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thrust bearing housing
I am currently putting together a Chummy alleged to be 1924 to take to various celebrations later this year, largely because I very much doubt if I will still be here for the indefatigable Ruby's hundredth in 2035. Magneto engine much rebuilt, three speed gate change box from the workshop of Andy Bird. New clutch linings, gleaming new teeth for the starter ring from a universally loved tooth strangler, clutch plate with master splined drive to match the gearbox. All of which, when offered up yesterday, refused to operate the clutch at all. Swapping the original cotter located clutch lever for a later pinch bolt lever to allow  movement of the withdrawal  levers had no effect. An unsleeping Salopian anorak looked at much technical info last night, and sent an email suggesting  that the problem might be the clutch bearing housing. The one fitted is illustrated as 1924, the BJ22 shown for 1929 appears deeper, might that solve the problem? Any other thoughts? Naturally all esteemed suppliers will be on their Easter weekend, rehearsing Handel's Messiah, or getting ready for egg rolling. Anyone with a spare '29 BJ22?

attachment=17601]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Thrust bearing housing - by Steve kay - 15-04-2022, 08:18 AM
RE: Thrust bearing housing - by Ruairidh Dunford - 15-04-2022, 08:23 AM
RE: Thrust bearing housing - by Bob Kneale - 15-04-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: Thrust bearing housing - by Steve kay - 15-04-2022, 11:12 AM
RE: Thrust bearing housing - by Alan - 15-04-2022, 11:47 AM