The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical miller for sale - any offers
The mill/drill is now happily settled in Wiltshire, having been removed from a rather damp concrete and asbestos outhouse in Barnet. Turns out that it was in almost unused condition; what appear to be rust stains on the before picture below are mostly the factory applied rustproofing treatment!

Before:

After:

It's had a clean up, new belts, my 13mm Rohm chuck fitted, with a Clarkson available for milling cutters and it's been wired into a fused spur. The Abwood vice, which was sadly lacking its handle has been transferred to my Adcock and Shipley 1AD, being a more suitable size for that machine....  Need to make some longer arms for the quill feed handle.

Lifting it onto the garage bench, in fact lifting it at all was quite a performance, however it only took me just over an hour to remove it from the outhouse when I picked it up. 

It apparently weighs in at 180kg    Sad

The extension on the bench is more substantial than it looks and the balance point is well to the rear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vertical miller for sale - any offers - by Parazine - 11-04-2022, 09:52 PM