The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysterious Engine Failure - Ideas, please
Bosch haven't made their 009 distributors for some years. Anybody telling you they're selling you a new Bosch 009 distributor isn't doing so unless they're new old stock and that hardly exists. The 009 type distributors available today are copies. They've been made in various places and the quality varies enormously. However, good copies are about. Those from the VW parts supplier Machine 7 are good as are those from the VW parts arm of GSF. I've converted a lot of copy 009 type distributors and these are the only places I'll buy from. Even then, I throw away the distributor caps, points, condensers and rotor arms and replace them with Beru brand items.

The conversion needs doing properly using the correct drive gear and the correct roll pin. In addition, although many don't agree, I also extend the spindle so the gear is fully supported/located rather than having it simply hanging off the end. Done properly, there's no reason why a converted copy 009 type distributor shouldn't work well and give good service for many years.

Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mysterious Engine Failure - Ideas, please - by Steve Jones - 04-04-2022, 07:26 PM