The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new car for a keen daughter...
I seriously envy the naturally musical.
I had a keyboard for a birthday present few years back to try to learn and worked my way through a couple of books but it was always very mechanical rather than natural. Then a musical friend came over and started tinkling on it along to some music on the radio, working out the key and joining in. At that point I realised it just wasn't in me.
And a generation to whom gender really doesn't matter in hopes and aspirations. I fear it may be a generation or 2 away yet, as women are still sadly under represented in engineering (a loss to engineering), but you can hope and encourage.

I guess one question to consider, does she have aspirations to drive it on the road or to compete hill climbs etc, as with her age I guess a car able to be used in competitions of some form will be available for her to use now, rather than have to look at and be driven in to a friendly field for a go until old enough to get a road licence? And think of the driving skills she would learn ready for the roads.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A new car for a keen daughter... - by JonE - 17-03-2022, 10:04 PM
RE: A new car for a keen daughter... - by Andy Bennett - 18-03-2022, 03:54 PM
RE: A new car for a keen daughter... - by JohnD - 18-03-2022, 04:58 PM
RE: A new car for a keen daughter... - by JonE - 19-03-2022, 01:19 PM