The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
late RP Standard and De Luxe / Stock Colours / definition of "black top"
Frank,

There were a number of differences between the standard and deluxe RP saloons, most of them minor. Most of the internal differences have been listed by Reckers save for the fact that the standard cars had Rexine or cloth trim instead of leather.

Externally, they had black painted headlamps instead of chromed ones, and the body was one colour, with the moulded line along the centre and across the back painted a slightly different shade of whatever the body colour was. My own car was Light Royal Blue with a cobalt moulding line. Although my car was repainted nearly 50 years ago in light royal blue and black top, the original cobalt blue moulding and yellow coachline was retained. There was no sunroof, just a small smokers hatch behind the front seats and many cars had black windscreen surrounds instead of chrome plated ones (my own car has a chrome windscreen surround).

Hope this helps!

Messages In This Thread
RE: late RP Standard and De Luxe / Stock Colours / definition of "black top" - by David Stepney - 04-03-2022, 09:57 PM