The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
late RP Standard and De Luxe / Stock Colours / definition of "black top"
Hello everyone,
We have been enjoying our Austin Seven for more than 33 years and although the car was perfectly restored by Mike Jarret 28 years ago, I still wonder which colours could have been used on the either the Standard and De Luxe version. Our car is certainly one of the very late RP models and therefore I referred to the lists "Stock Colours - Publication No. 924F 11/33" and "Stock Colours - Publication No. 924J 9/34" and there are some questions that come to my mind.
First question: Do the numbers "11/33" and "9/34" stand for November 1933 and September 1934?
Second question: When list says "top black" does this include the top of the bonnet or was the bonnet painted in the colour of the main body?
Third question: The differences (concerning exterior) between the Standard and De Luxe RP version in 1934 were the sliding roof and the chromed headlamps and of course the colours? Nothing else. Right?
Thank you very much in advance
Frank

Messages In This Thread
late RP Standard and De Luxe / Stock Colours / definition of "black top" - by Frank Stoll - 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM