The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narrow road, small car, Peak District.
I find my inherited Jazz a pain on narrow metalled roads. The enormous windscren is a worry. Unlike the Seven and later the wheels are at the full width, which, combined with width, takes up as much road room as a light truck. Over the decades I have had a few incidents where keeping extreme left my car has started to slip down the edge camber; with rwd can power out but with fwd less control.
 The original baked enamel  thick seemingly high carbon Seven guards resist brushes, but with moderns the merest touch leaves a crease in the tinfoil.
For fifty years , several times a year, in my ancient conveyances, I have travelled 360 mile up and down NI and hunted out all not too indirect alternative routes. Grass growing in the centre is a good sign but now hard to find, and near everything has succumbed to large bulldozers, there being no ancient walls or bridges or buidings to obstruct.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Narrow road, small car, Peak District. - by Bob Culver - 29-01-2022, 03:20 AM