The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary
There is at least one more OK 7095 replica, my recollection, and I’ll stand corrected, is that it was built by Norman Purves around 15 years ago and displayed at the 1992 90th Anniversary event at Warwick. I think the body form on Normans car is more accurate that the on Tony Hutchings 1970s build, particularly around the tail as I recall Tony was struggling to find good detail photos, I think Norman turned up more information for his build. 
Mike Hodgson did find a lot of the early engine parts for Tony’s car and built the engine, I supplied the early 6in rear axle which was on my own fabric bodied VSCC racer when I first bought it.
When Tony Hutchings owned the car it was formally registered as OK 7095 with the DVLA, I’m not sure if the number was surrendered when the car was sold to the Continent or wether it still legally carries it.
As a reflection of more relaxed times, when Tony was building OK 7095 we lightly commented that perhaps I should build a replica of another of the team cars using the early bits I had at the time as a basis. I didn’t have a registration number so phoned Hampshire County Council (this was just pre DVLA Swansea being set up) and asked if I could have a number, and was OL 166 available? The nice lady said it was and a few days later a green log book arrived, happy days. I eventually sold my project and I believe that it has now been built up as a replica of another of the team racers.
Incidentally, going back to Shelsley, I’m sure OK 7095, or one of the other Boulogne racers, competed at a Shelsley hill climb sometime in late 1923? It’s all in the books somewhere.

Paul Cooper.

Messages In This Thread
Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by Steve kay - 09-12-2021, 12:44 PM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by austin - 10-12-2021, 09:38 AM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by Super Sports - 19-12-2021, 04:57 PM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by JonE - 21-12-2021, 10:19 AM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by JonE - 21-12-2021, 04:21 PM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by JonE - 24-12-2021, 11:46 AM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by austin - 10-03-2022, 10:25 AM