The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Spring Cambers and Leaves
The modern disease....one must say what make/model car for a spare part.  If only we could have dimensions (where possible) then things would be simpler.
Did you know Ford made an Austin 7 part in their 4 wheel drive Sierra?
Front drive shaft flange is same as A7 pinion shaft flange, if I remember someone pointing out?

I have seen the formula for flat spring rates (the amount they flex for given dimensions and spring steel types) but when getting a front spring for a big 7 front axle on my Nippy gave up trying to work it all out, even using the dimensions of the new spring I had made (standard?) big 7 spring from what seems to be the only spring commercial manufacturer left.  I have given in and am relying on the "well it all seemed to be ok with the old spring size".  The BMC A+ engine is heavier than the A7 engine but then the big 7 spring is stronger than the 7 spring
I have had no such problems with the coil springs for my Austin's distant relative the Reliant Scimitar.

Here is what Bill sent out...don't know date.

Dennis

Messages In This Thread
Rear Spring Cambers and Leaves - by Hedd_Jones - 14-10-2021, 12:25 PM
RE: Rear Spring Cambers and Leaves - by Chris KC - 14-10-2021, 12:53 PM
RE: Rear Spring Cambers and Leaves - by JonE - 14-10-2021, 05:25 PM
RE: Rear Spring Cambers and Leaves - by JonE - 15-10-2021, 08:55 PM
RE: Rear Spring Cambers and Leaves - by squeak - 16-10-2021, 09:35 AM
RE: Rear Spring Cambers and Leaves - by Dennis Nicholas - 17-10-2021, 12:13 PM