The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear brakes. Brke shoe pivot point
Having had to deal with one in situ, where the end flange had came off, I can confirm they can be removed.

I lopped most of it off with a slitting disk in a 9 inch grinder, then with a grinding disk ground it flush to the axle casting.

I ground the dome on the inside face of the casting smooth also, centred, drilled to a smidge over 1/4 and fitted pretty much what parazine has pictured.

I believe I made the pivot out of an old bolt, and used a 1/4 HT bolt to fix, thinking about it, might have been a nasty metric (but 10.9) button head.

I plastered the thread of the bolt where it engaged with loctite (to stop it coming undone) and the bit in the plain hole with 'poxy metalĀ  (to take up all the clearance as the original is basically a rivet).

Once it all went off I dressed the head a bit with a file, and with a couple of coats of some gloopy black paint no one need ever know I did it.

That was probably 15years ago. No problems since.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rear brakes. Brke shoe pivot point - by Hedd_Jones - 28-07-2021, 11:51 AM