The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not 7 specific - fuelling/freewheeling
It's an old chestnut that coasting is illegal - it is not,many cars have been fitted with this system and, when coasting, the dynamics of a car are not compromised in any way. My current new car, when in "Eco" mode, coasts automatically when the accelerator is released. In gear, on the overrun, the computer mpg readout goes to zero, when coasting it shows 185 m.p.g. Of course, some older cars allowed you to switch off the engine when coasting and, if vacuum-assisted brakes were involved, that might have been entertaining. One of my schoolmasters had an early Mini - his going-home coast, engine off, was from Bents Green to almost the bottom of Ecclesall Road, about 2.3 miles. My best was in Switzerland; 12.5 miles giving a 150 mpg readout - though by the time I arrived home 800 miles later, this had dropped to 64 mpg.

Messages In This Thread
not 7 specific - fuelling/freewheeling - by JonE - 19-07-2021, 10:43 AM
RE: not 7 specific - fuelling/freewheeling - by Tony Griffiths - 19-07-2021, 03:31 PM