The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Sussex A7 club for potential younger owners
Great idea, Arthur. Brighton might give you a potential source of new blood - perhaps a technical college or something could have a 'competition' or something to offer something, presuming someone could get public transport to Ditchling. Perhaps you could speak to some of the bicycle maintenance charities, who probably have the sort of people that would have those sort of mindsets.

Old non-running, ready-for-restoration cars could be loaned/co-owned to a person under 25, and, like a housing association purchase scheme, uplift in value could be shared so the person builds up their own capital by working.

I'm only an hour away (and my father is buried just up the road) - I'd probably be interested in paying/contributing for being part a sharing skills workshop every now and again as per Ian's thoughts.

You really need the London A7 club behind your idea to come up with something that could attract that 'super-apprentice' who could then go on to inspire others in life, whatever they do. It's a win win situation...

Messages In This Thread
RE: East Sussex A7 club for potential younger owners - by JonE - 09-02-2018, 09:29 AM