The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
eBay becomes even less seller friendly
I decided to stop selling on ebay as I found their commission rate was climbing, seemingly without justification. I use it to buy things I need rather than just want (if I can control the urges!). I also found that carriers could be unreliable, they lost a pair of pristine Austin headlamps I'd sold and I had to refund and then claim on the insurance.
On one occasion I bought an item described as fully reconditioned and working but it hadn't been touched and needed full restoration. As I really wanted it I tried to arrange a discount to cover my fettling costs for seals, springs etc. but the seller did not want to play and claimed the listing was in error as he'd forgotten to remove the condition description. I had to bite the bullet and accept the finding of the claim as I did want to keep the thing.
As ever, it seems "caveat emptor" remains the watchword.

Messages In This Thread
RE: eBay becomes even less seller friendly - by Duncan Grimmond - 20-06-2021, 03:39 PM