The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
eBay becomes even less seller friendly
how is a seller placed contractually when it's declared "for parts or not working" on ebay?

I must admit I still can't see why more lists aren't put up on here when the secondhand stuff is obviously honesty described... and after reading Nick's and others' experiences. Ebay clearly has a lot less interesting used stuff now. And yes, we must spread the word to new owners to buy new items from the known suppliers rather than the opportunistic overpriced listings trapping those who don't research well and wanting to impulsively button-buy on ebay.

People like scrutinising lists, (Tony's 2 Used Parts pages are a case in point to peruse every couple of weeks for interesting things, even if you don't actually need anything!) and people like buying privately from people they have a modicum of trust for; such as that offered through the forum. i.e. it is akin to a quality stamp knowing something is actually going to exist - and turn up.
Perhaps it is a general desire for anonymity in such things by generally private individuals? I know I wouldn't put up on here things I'm never going to use which perhaps WOULD go onto ebay declared damaged for a couple of quid, just because I won't throw things away and I'm optimistically aware there are people who love repurposing parts just because they have the skills to do so even when it is practically uneconomic. With a rusty, practically-scrap flywheel, it was lovely to see someone decide it was a long-ago machined item for a Roper aluminium clutch assembly... and have the last new assembly to fit it. (I learned something new, got a tenner I didn't have before and the item is probably now back in operation after 40 years in a box).

Messages In This Thread
RE: eBay becomes even less seller friendly - by JonE - 20-06-2021, 02:01 PM