The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
eBay becomes even less seller friendly
had a look through a regular serch earlier "austin seven"

there doesnt seem to be much on, i magine many people are wondering what to do.

i remember the good old days, when the average auction house charged 15% commission. and ebay took over the world only charging 5%.

most auction houses as they had to pay more and more in internet charges to advertise there business. listed there charges to 20 to 25%

which gave ebay the chance to charge 10% without confrontation. which we all got used to.

im sure ebay will employ plenty of number crunchers, and they will have worked out whats happening in modern auction charges.

the lattest thing to the market, well its been there a wile. but its picking up speed is the salesroom and easylivebid.

which has lifted modern day auctions to many or most charging 24% to 32% most will then charge 5 to 7% for bidding through salesroom.com

all this is were ebay finds it a no brainer to raise fees to 12% this will im sure soon enough go to 15% and we are likely to see transfer fees on top in 12 months.

personally id love to advertise everything on this site, but its the same as listing on my own website. people dont see the urgency of coming forward and buying.

were as an auction, with the clock counting down. you understand the urgency if you need that item.

tony

Messages In This Thread
RE: eBay becomes even less seller friendly - by Tony Betts - 19-06-2021, 09:42 PM