The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
eBay becomes even less seller friendly
The sad thing is despite all of this, for the sexy stuff, ebay comes up trumps every time in terms of return for me. For run of the mill stuff its hit and miss.

I had a very nice 7 related piece recently. Touted it about privately on here and facebook. I might well have been asking over the odds, but only got some offers which were pretty low. Didn't follow anything up.

Put it on ebay, the price it made at auction was pretty much what I was asking for it (and to be fair I expected to be chipped a bit), with the 'fees' over £200, I still got well over £200 over the highest offer received privately. Winner winner chicken dinner. Went a long way to bridging the gap between buying one Chummy and selling another.

I see the same with the good steam stuff that goes through my hands. Buyers want to beg it when for sale via an advert. Put the same thing on e-bay and it goes bazerk. Usually for more than my valuation. I've basically given up advertising steam stuff and either place the gear I get, or it goes straight on e-bay.

One thing I dont like with the new system, there was something on e-bay advertised at a price or best offer. Advertised clearly with free postage - courier (in the correct place). I made an offer, it was accepted. I paid paypal. Seller had cocked up, his description said collection only (despite the free postage - courier noted in the proper place). I told him to stand by his advert, he wouldn't and cancelled. E-bay showed a refund. All done in the space of 12 hours. We are talking a few hundred quid. 3 days later Paypal Take the moneys, 10 days after that I get it back in my bank. Most annoying. Particularly as I cannot give the @rsehole bad feedback. This was an Austin chassis.

The other thing as a seller is, you can't instantly withdraw your money like you could with paypal. And the first few transactions they wont let you withdraw for so many days. Again all very annoying.

That said the current combined fee at whatever it is (12.5%?), is less than the 10% ebay + 3%(?) paypal fee. But obviously on high value items on collection (a lot of Seven stuff) where you got cash, you are paying more.

Unfortunately it is what it is

Messages In This Thread
RE: eBay becomes even less seller friendly - by Hedd_Jones - 11-06-2021, 12:56 PM