The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rear brake cable adjustment adaptions?
If you have coupled brakes you only need one rigging screw on the right hand side. the front brakes are self balancing (sort of )
What you need is enough slack in the rear right cable that the rear left which has the most losses and the rear right actually come on together when you press the brake pedal, you then bring the front brakes up to work in harmony. If you do this with the car unloaded and static they will never be correct. I dive the car on a bit of grass with the front brakes slack and try and get even skidding on the back then wind the front brakes up until I am happy.
The handbrake will never work evenly on the back brakes adjusted like this but it should be up to MOT standard on the front.
I have locked the front brakes up on the rolling road in the past. this is because the car is static once you are on the move you get the reverse servo effect as the front axle twists and lets the brakes off.

Messages In This Thread
rear brake cable adjustment adaptions? - by JonE - 02-04-2021, 08:50 AM
RE: rear brake cable adjustment adaptions? - by dickie65 - 08-04-2021, 05:18 PM